- Be prepared to show proof of residency or property ownership in the Town of Tillsonburg to access the Large Item Depot
- Only items that exceed the size or weight limit for curbside garbage collection will be accepted. Review the list of acceptable items carefully.
- An attendant will review your load when you arrive to ensure the eligibility of your materials. Unsafe loads will be will be rejected.
- A $25.00 fee will be charged for large loads consisting primarily of Construction & Demolition Material. A large load is defined as a load of materials exceeding 2 cubic yards (1.5 cubic metres) or 300 pounds (136 kgs).
- If your items are not accepted by the attendant, you must take them home with you.
- You must unload your items. The facility is use-at-your-own-risk and the Town of Tillsonburg is not responsible for vehicle damage.
- Scavenging /removing items from collection areas is not allowed.
- Household and Outdoor Furniture
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- Large Appliances
- Refrigerators and Freezers (no freon)
- Scrap Metal
- Pool Covers & Filters (no sand)
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Rain Barrels
- Large Toys
- Water Softeners
- Film Plastic
Construction and Demolition Materials
($25.00 Fee Charged for Large Loads)
- Wooden Deck Material
- Construction Lumber
- Carpeting and Flooring
- Kitchen Cabinets
- Porcelain (ie. tile, sinks, tubs, toilets)
- Windows and Doors
- Asphalt, Concrete and Masonry
Visit our Hazardous Household Materials page to learn about disposal options for paint, solvents etc.
The Large Item Depot has separate collection areas for different types of materials. Avoid delays by organizing and grouping similar item types together before you arrive.
- Large items (furniture, mattresses etc.)
- Scrap metal
- Renovation material
- Grass Clippings
- House and Garden Plants
- Brush (less than 1.8m long and 10cm in diameter)
- Christmas Trees (no tinsel)
- Plastic Bags (compostable or plastic)
- Old Fencing
- Hazardous Waste
The Yard Waste Depot consists of one large area where residents can dump their yard waste. Ensure your load consists of acceptable items. Illegal dumping charges will apply for prohibited materials.
Tillsonburg Transfer Station>
- 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (April to September)
- 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (October to March)
Large Item Depot Hours
Saturday - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
50 Newell Road