The Office of the Clerk provides an essential link between residents of Tillsonburg and Town Council. The Town Clerk performs statutory duties as required under the Municipal Act, 2001, in accordance with other Acts and the by-laws of the municipality. The Clerk also serves as a corporate signing officer along with the Mayor.
Role of the Clerk
The Office of the Clerk oversees and manages a variety of administrative and legislative functions for the Town, including Council Secretariat, the Municipal Election, Licensing, Records Management, Freedom of Information, Civil Marriage Solemnization and Division Registrar.
Helpful Quick Links:
- Agendas and Minutes
- Applications, Licences and Permits
- Boards and Committees
- Business Licensing
- By-Laws and Policies
- Commissioner of Oaths and Affidavits
- Delegation Requests
- Freedom of Information
- Marriage Licence and Civil Ceremony
- Mayor and Council
- Town Meeting Calendar
- Watch Meetings Live
|Business unit||Core services||Contact|
|Communications||Media and public relations, public engagement, electronic communications, print publications, and brand compliance||519-688-3009
|Customer Service||Service delivery at the Customer Service Centre||519-688-3009|
|Human Resources||Staff recruitment and support, compensation, benefits administration and health and safety compliance||519-688-3009
|Information Technology||Network administration, hardware/software deployment and ongoing technical support|
The Commissioners of Oaths services provided for by the Town of Tillsonburg include the administration of an oath, affirmation or declaration in accordance with the Commissioners for Taking Affidavits Act, 1990.
The Declarant must be present at signing and present one original piece of government-issued photo identification (i.e. Driver's License, valid Passport, etc.)
Town Commissioners can process the following documents:
- Town of Tillsonburg generated documents or County of Oxford generated document
- Domestic and Foreign Pension documents (Proof of Life)
- Statutory Declaration of Apprenticeship Hours or other school related documents provided they are from an accredited College or University.
- Canadian Citizenship forms
- Delayed Statement of Live Birth
- Canada Name Change documents (Provincial or Federal)
- Statutory Declaration of Lost Identification (must include police report number)
- Sworn Statement for the Transfer of a Used Motor Vehicle in the Province of ON
- Statutory Declaration for OSAP – Statement of Common Law Status/Supporting Children
- Affidavit of Unregistered Vehicle
- Immunization Health Form – Health Board form only
- Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union (single signature) - Service Canada form
- Application for Change of Sex Designation on a Birth Registration
Please contact the Office of the Clerk to determine if the document you require signing can be commissioned at email@example.com.
The Town of Tillsonburg provides the services of a Commissioner of Oaths during regular business hours at the following locations:
- Tillsonburg Customer Service Centre - 10 Lisgar Avenue
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Payment options: Cash, debit, cheque or money order payable to Town of Tillsonburg.
- Town Corporate Office - 200 Broadway, Suite 204
Hours: By appointment only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Commissioner of Oaths signatures or Certified True Copies, the cost is $30.00.