Recreation Master Plan
The Community Parks, Recreation and Cultural Strategic Master Plan (2011) provides a framework for addressing recreation and culture needs within the community.
The plan is based on six guiding principles:
- Striving for service excellence
- An integrated and collaborative approach
- Innovative and appropriate infrastructure
- Embracing the arts, culture and heritage
- Focus on wellness through programming
- Functional and sustainable parks system
The Strategic Master Plan was developed with input from elected officials, Town staff, community organizations, and the general public. Results from consultations were compared to national and provincial research, as well as local demographics.
The plan contains nearly 100 recommendations.
Recreation Culture and Parks Service Review (2020)
The Service Review was performed by The Clarico Group Inc, an independent, Ontario-based
management consulting firm. The study took place between October 2019 and April 2020, and involved review of documents and reports, onsite interviews and observation, and gathering data from Tillsonburg, nine comparator municipalities, and two additional comparator museums.