Tillsonburg Update - March 2
Tillsonburg Update appears Thursdays in the Norfolk-Tillsonburg News.
Request for Tender - RFT 2023-005
- Tillsonburg Hydro Inc Lisgar Heights Conversion Phase II
Request for Tender - RFT 2023-001
- Addition and Renovations at Tillsonburg Community Centre
Request for Proposal - RFP 2023-006
- Engineering Consulting Design Services for the Rehabilitation of Rokeby Road
Request for Proposal - RFP 2023-001
- Community Risk Assessment and Master Fire Plan
Visit tillsonburg.bidsandtenders.ca for full details.
The Town of Tillsonburg is currently hiring for the following positions:
- Records and Legislative Coordinator
- Summer Student - Youth Leader in Training
- Billing Coordinator
- Fire Communicator/Dispatcher (PT)
Visit careers.tillsonburg.ca for full details.
Youth Advisory Council
The Town of Tillsonburg is currently seeking youth 15 to 19 years of age to apply to the Tillsonburg Youth Advisory Council.
Two members of the community aged 20 or older are also needed to serve on the committee.
The committee’s mandate is to advise and make recommendations to Tillsonburg Town Council on all matters with respect to youth recreational and social issues in the Town of Tillsonburg. Applications will close March 17, 2023.
Learn more and apply online at www.tillsonburg.ca/apply
The indoor pool will now remain open until March 25. Most programs will continue until this date, with the exception of group swim lessons. A limited number of private lessons will be available.
To learn more about the renovations, visit www.tillsonburg.ca/upgrade
New Exhibit: What’s Your Sign?
“What’s Your Sign?” tells the stories of local people, businesses, and schools with signs from the permanent collection.
Exhibit runs February 12 to May 7.
For more hours and details, visit www.tillsonburg.ca/annandale
Women’s Day Chocolate Luncheon
Indulge in all things chocolate and celebrate International Women’s Day with a catered lunch and program at Annandale NHS.
When: March 8, 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM
Where: Annandale NHS, 30 Tillson Ave
Cost: $35.00 +taxes
Pre-registration is required.
Register though Connect2Rec or by calling the Museum at 519.842.2294.
Council News and Updates
Communities Building Youth Futures Oxford County
Town Council heard a presentation from Communities Building Youth Futures (CBYF) Oxford County regarding the need for a neutral youth social space in Tillsonburg. CBYF is a youth-led, community driven initiative with a mission of improving high school graduation rates and other outcomes for youth in Oxford County.
Community Strategic Plan
Council received a progress update on the goals and performance indicators identified in the Community Strategic Plan.
Lake Lisgar Waterpark Hours
Community swim hours at the Watepark will be adjusted for the 2023 summer season to accommodate more swimming lessons.
Tillsonburg Regional Airport
Council approved Mr. Don Huras of Northlands Adventure Properties Inc. as the interim airport management firm. Staff will report back to Council in the third quarter of 2023 to asses the Interim Airport Management arrangement.
- Council received a report summarizing 2022 programming and operations at Annandale National Historic Site
- Several projects that received funding through the Municipal Modernization Program (Intake 3) will be extended
- Council appointed Anthony (Tony) Hymers, Larry Scanlan and Mark Gosnell to the Traffic Advisory Committee
- Council supported a zone change application for 68 Concession Street West
- Council supported severing a portion of 126 Lisgar Ave to create a new residential infill lot
Learn more at www.tillsonburg.ca/council