Tillsonburg Update - February 23
Tillsonburg Update appears every Thursday in the Norfolk-Tillsonburg News
The Town of Tillsonburg is currently hiring for the following positions:
- Records and Legislative Coordinator
- Youth Leader - March Break Camp
- Water Distribution & Wastewater Collection System Operator
- Summer Student - Curatorial Assistant
- Summer Student - Event & Tourism Coordinator
- Fire Communicator/Dispatcher (PT)
Visit careers.tillsonburg.ca for full details.
Dog Licence Renewals
Residents are reminded that all dogs in the Town of Tillsonburg must be licensed annually. 2022 licences expire February 28, 2023, regardless of when the licence was purchased. Pet owners who do not purchase a valid 2023 licence may be subject to a fine of $150.00.
You can purchase your licence online at tillsonburg.docupet.com. Licences are also available at
- Your Family Pet Centre (107 Concession St. E.)
- Ruffins (589 Broadway)
- Tillsonburg Customer Service Centre (10 Lisgar Ave.)
- Request for Tender - RFT 2023-005 Tillsonburg Hydro Inc Lisgar Heights Conversion Phase I
- Request for Tender - RFT 2023-001 Addition and Renovations at Tillsonburg Community Centre
Visit tillsonburg.bidsandtenders.ca for full details.
The Town of Tillsonburg currently seeking applicants to fill one vacancy on the Affordable and Attainable Housing Advisory Committee. Applications for this committee will close February 24, 2023.
Learn more and apply online at www. tillsonburg.ca/apply
Tillsonburg Hydro Survey
Tillsonburg Hydro Inc., has hired a reseach firm (Advanis) to conduct an Ontario Energy Board (OEB) mandated survey of its customers until the end of February.
A random sample of residential and general service customers will be contacted by telephone. Your time and feedback are greatly appreciated. If you have questions about the survey, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fraud Prevention Tips
Tillsonburg Police Services Board and Oxford OPP remind you to stay alert for telephone scams. Be extremely cautious if a caller...
• claims to be from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
• claims to be a tech support company
• claims to be a bank inspector asking you to help catch a criminal
• claims to be a grandchild in trouble and needs money immediately
If you receive a call like this, hang up! Learn more at www.antifraudcentre.ca
The indoor pool will now remain open until March 25. Most programs will continue until this date, with the exception of group swim lessons. A limited number of private lessons will be available.
To learn more about the renovations, visit www.tillsonburg.ca/upgrade
Council News and Updates
2023 Budget Passed
Town Council passed the 2023 Budget at its February 13 meeting and approved a modest tax rate increase of 2.82 per cent.
Waterpark Building Renovations
A+Link Architecture Inc., appeared before Council to present the schematic designs and floor plan of the Lake Lisgar Waterpark building. The contract for the work (RFT 2022-012) was awarded to PK Construction Inc. The project’s target completion date is June 2023, depending on the availability of materials.
The Town of Tillsonburg will partner with Southwestern Public Health to provide the ACT-i-Pass program to grade 5 students beginning in June 2023. The program provides free access to community skates and swims at the Community Centre, as well as a 25% discount on registered programs.
• A security guard will patrol the Outdoor Rink on weekends until March 19 (5:00 PM to 9:00 PM)
• Memorandums of Understanding were approved with the Tillsonburg BIA and the Station Arts Centre
• The Youth Engagement and Strategy Advisory Committee will now be known as the Youth Advisory Committee, with members aged 15-19 years old.
Learn more at www.tillsonburg.ca/council
Women’s Day Chocolate Luncheon
Indulge in all things chocolate and celebrate International Women’s Day with a catered lunch and program at Annandale NHS.
When: March 8, 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Where: Annandale NHS, 30 Tillson Ave
Cost: $35.00 + taxes
Pre-registration is required. Register though Connect2Rec or by calling the Museum at 519.842.2294.
New Exhibit: What’s Your Sign?
“What’s Your Sign?” tells the stories of local people, businesses, and schools with signs from the permanent collection. Exhibit runs February 12 to May 7. For more hours and details, visit www. tillsonburg.ca/annandale